Sunday, April 18, 2010

Graduation? Am I Old Enough For That?

Right now, I'm sitting in my Southview Apartment living room watching The Bourne Ultimatium with papers concerning my Senior Sem paper strewn all over the couch next to me. 11 revised pages, that's all I have. I need 9 more, and right now, I'm ready to throw it all out the window... The paper is going better, flowing better, sounding better, but I'm still not happy with it.

Facebook is open on my computer--flipping through MESP pictures. Mine, my friends, MESPers I've never met...my heart aches for Egypt. I never thought that I could miss a place as much as (or more) than I miss home, but since I've returned to America, I'm constantly thinking about the Middle East and trying to find ways to get back. Right now, it's (seemingly) not financially feasible, but it's my goal to get back sometime in the coming years.

I graduate in 19 days (soon to be 18). I can't believe how quickly the years went by. Freshman year, it seemed like I'd be in college forever. Now, well...the end is painfully near. This year hasn't exactly been a "normal" college year--first semester I was in the Middle East and now I'm rooming with a bunch of people I've never lived with before. At the beginning of the semester, I was trying to make the days go faster, now I'm trying to find ways to stretch them out... :-S

2 comments:

james.slegers said...

I still can't believe I graduated, and that was a year ago.

Hang in there.

Are you trying to get to Kosin? Or was I just imagining that?

Sarah said...

It only gets faster.