Saturday, June 13, 2009

Clean Up on Aisle 7

(written Friday night)

I worked at the gift shop today and it went pretty well, but we had a rather eventful morning. Eleven boxes of t-shirts arrived for us today and Carol and I managed to fold and “put away” four of those boxes. Unfortunately, the washer and dryer weren’t hooked up correctly in the upstairs apartment and we had water on the floor under the t-shirts in the store. We then had to remove all of the medium-sized t-shirts and some of the x-large ones, too. It took a lot of effort, but hopefully tomorrow we’ll be able to put all the t-shirts back and organize them.

Speaking of tomorrow, I’m working 12 to close… Not exactly what I had planned, but George is short people and Carol has to train another new person in the store…and we’re expecting about 300 masons in town tomorrow, too. So, in short, and for tomorrow to run smoothly, George wants an extra person in the store. Thankfully, I was able to get off until noon, so I can still walk out to the site where the duel between the Marquis and Riley Luffsey took place and I can also go to the History Alive! program at the Chateau, make some spaghetti, and take some pictures at the Chateau, too. Most of the other things that I intended to do will have to wait yet another week.

I’m really glad that I can say that I enjoy both of my jobs here in Medora. If things work out, I’d like to work at these places again next summer…although I’ll probably try to find different housing. Anyway, I’m getting tired and I don’t have internet to post this… :(

1 comment:

james.slegers said...

Glad you're enjoying it!