Monday, April 20, 2009

Reliving Childhood

Tonight, I was reminded of one of my favorite TV shows when I was little: Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego? Needless to say, I've had the song stuck in my head since getting back from NISO rehearsal and I haven't gotten very much done.

However, I have figured out my independent study for my English major. This summer, I plan to read books about the American Civil War and historical fiction based on the time period, as well as write two or three original pieces of short historical fiction. Since I'll only be working four days a week, I figure this might be a doable project.

I still have so much to do to get ready for the summer and for fall semester. It feels like the mountains of paperwork will never end. And I have to fill out this paperwork and finish up all of my assignments and tests for this semester at the same time.

Either way, it's a "Middle Eastern" week. Wednesday my Modern Middle East class is having a Middle Eastern dinner and Friday is the Cultural Fair on campus -- the Middle East will be represented there, too.

No comments: