Monday, July 27, 2009

All Good Things Must Come to an End -- But New Good Things Will Start!

It's hard to believe that my internship will end soon. Last week was the "Great Intern Tour of 2009," so Samantha and I headed to Bismarck to hang out with the other interns and tour some of the historic sites around Bismarck/Mandan. Many of the sites we visited used to be Mandan villages, but we also saw Fort Abraham Lincoln (where Custer was based for awhile) and Fort Mandan (where Lewis and Clark stayed for a winter). It was really interesting and has motivated me to look into more of the history of the area.

I finally booked a flight to Dulles airport in DC (ok, my dad did this one for me). It only cost $88, which isn't too bad. But, my dad will have to drive me to Milwaukee and I'll have to pay for my check-in luggage. I'm getting really excited to travel to the Middle East soon. So even though I'll have to leave Medora, I'll be starting a whole new (and challenging) experience.

No comments: