Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Not What I Had Expected

Well, when I said that I was ready for the challenges that lay ahead, the last few days weren't really what I had in mind. Yesterday went pretty well for awhile, but then I ended up having to drive to Dickinson because my brother ended up in the emergency room for pesticide exposure. He's doing just fine now, but we (at the Chateau) wanted to make sure that he would be ok, so we sent him in the ambulance (a half hour drive). He was released about 2 1/2 hours later, and I've been trying to text him every once in awhile to see how he's doing. Hopefully he'll feel well enough to head back to work in the taffy shop tomorrow...

A couple days ago, my roommate had surgery on her back to insert some kind of a monitor. I think the surgery went well, but she has been having some bleeding issues and went into the emergency room herself last night. She seems to be doing a little better today, but she has to go into Bismarck tomorrow to get the monitor-thing removed...

Other than these things, work today went pretty well. I really enjoy Tuesdays and Wednesdays because Don, Linda, and Maxine are all up at the house at the same time. It's always a great time when those three are up there...and Maxine's always telling me how "cute" my smile is. :)

I've really been looking forward to going to Egypt this past week -- more so than usual. It's always there in the back of my mind, but I've just been daydreaming about it a lot. Maxine is going to try to work something out so that I can talk to her students while I'm there. I'm really curious to see what kinds of questions they will come up with...and excited to have something like this to share information. :)

No comments: