Sunday, August 23, 2009

I'm Only Passing Through

Today is my last day at home. Tomorrow Dad and I head out to Milwaukee before I fly out to Cairo on Tuesday. I can't believe that the summer has flown by so fast and my time in Medora is starting to feel surreal. I know that it happened, but it doesn't seem like it happened. Anyway...

I've got all the items that I'm considering packing laid out on my bed. It seems like a lot of stuff (which it's really not), but I don't know what I wouldn't take with me. Some of the stuff will be used up by the time I get back, but I don't really want to have to feel like I have to leave stuff behind. Plus, since I'm spending an extra two weeks in Germany, some of the stuff I packed won't be used until December... Oh well, I guess I don't plan on buying any large souvenirs from the Middle East -- mostly small stuff.

I'm rather nervous, but also excited, and most of the time it's hard to distinguish which emotion I'm feeling. In some ways, it feels like a regular semester, but I'm not going back to Dordt. I'm sad that I won't get to see some of my friends until graduation, but excited to make new ones and experience a new culture and learn a new language.

I get to go to church at my home church for one of the only times this summer -- and my dad is back from sabbatical, so I'll get to hear him preach, too! :)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Good luck. I'll be praying for you.

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOODNESS I AM SO JEALOUS! Have a great time!! and you're going to Germany too? that's craz-o...