Sunday, August 9, 2009

Last Weekend in Medora :(

Well, my last weekend in Medora is drawing quickly to a close. It's strange to think back and realize just how eager I was to get to Egypt at the beginning of the summer (Not that I'm any less eager...I'm just realizing how much I'll miss Medora and the people here). If things work out, I'd like to come back to Medora next summer, too, and have one final summer job before I head out into the "real world."

However, this weekend has probably been one of the best weekends yet. On Thursday, Jim and Jerry let me drive the stagecoach for the first time, and then I got to stick around for a little while afterwards and feed the horses, too. Then today, Karen gave me permission to spend most of the day outside talking to the drivers (Jim and Jerry) and to the other people that came along. Some of the people that came by asked questions about the Chateau, which I tried to answer, but I figure that my day counts as research toward my time traveler character: Cowgirl Christine. Towards the end of the day, Jim even let me drive the team again.

Anyway, it seems that just as I seem to be fitting in and have found my place, then it's time to return to school (or go to school in Egypt, as the case may be). I know I'll have a great time in Egypt and make friends there, too, but it's hard to think that in a little over three and a half months, I'll be doing this again...

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Hey! We have the same blog format. :) Best of luck in Egypt fellow Skype Spy. You and I are up for some big adventures.

It was really fun working with you in Medora this summer. You were very much a blessing. Enjoy your last day at the Chateau. Toodles!