Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Delayed Posting

Apparently the wireless internet cut out sometime around 11:30 PM two nights ago and I haven't been able to get internet from my room until this point.

My internship has been going quite well and Samantha and I seem to get along just fine. She and I were a little nervous yesterday when the interpreters of the house threw us into the midst of interpreting the Chateau. I was scared stiff that I would say something incorrectly, but the other women up there were very patient and encouraging. After all, we have to start sometime...

While we were waiting for the next tour, Coleen (she's in her 30th year of interpreting at the house) told us the ghost stories from the house. There are only 3, but apparently there have been a couple sightings of some nuns and one sighting of a cowboy. The cowboy one is my favorite -- apparently one of the interpreters was giving the tour and when they got to the upstairs bedrooms, a cowboy (a head taller than anyone else) joined the group. When the interpreter went back downstairs, the man wasn't with the group any longer and she assumed that he was still looking around. However, when she went back up to look for him, he wasn't there.

Today we were up at the house again, but this time it was the two interns and Jane (one of the interpreters). Yesterday I had only interpreted the second half of the house and today Jane had both Samantha and I try the front of the house. I was a little more nervous about the front of the house, but it still went pretty well. I'm nervous for tomorrow though, I may have to try the porch (the first place the guests stop -- it needs to be the strongest).

1 comment:

james.slegers said...

Sounds like you're having at least a little fun. I hope you are, in any case :) Good luck learning the second half of the exhibit!