Sunday, May 24, 2009

Home

After a long bus ride from Dickinson to Des Moines (about 24 hours in total), I am home. I was actually pretty sad to have to leave Medora Thursday night -- and I'm definitely not partial to sitting in the Dickinson bus stop for 4 hours... Regardless, I've already seen Dan graduate from high school and this morning he'll make Public Profession of Faith at church. It's hard to believe that he is old enough.

Some of my relatives made it out to celebrate with us, too. It's been good to see them this weekend because after this, I won't seen any of them until Christmas. I spent most of yesterday putting together Dan's picture board. (He wanted to leave it plain white on the back, but I got colored construction paper and put borders around the pictures.) After church, we're having lunch in the church basement and then after that is Dan's open house (root beer floats, like mine). Having both events in the same weekend has made it kind of crazy, but it's been good to be here for both.

Most of all, it's hard to believe that Dan is going to college next year (Northwestern - IA - for History and Education). Perhaps it's best that I'll be in Egypt for the first part of the semester so he can feel like he's all alone out there...

No comments: