Saturday, May 16, 2009

Medora: Day 1

I arrived in Medora, North Dakota around 5 PM yesterday. It was a long drive from the Twin Cities to Medora (6:30 AM CST to 5:00 PM MDT). However, North Dakota really isn't as flat and boring as some people might think. The western half is quite beautiful and hilly -- the speed limit's also 75 mph for those who are curious.

The dorm room is small (for those of you who know West Hall at Dordt, think one of the rooms for two people). Thankfully, I'll have AC this summer, since it will get quite hot eventually.

I start work on Monday at 7:30 AM and work until 6:30 PM. It'll be 4 10 hour long days and then I have to find something to do with my free time. Mom and I are going to the Chateau de Mores today to see the women homesteaders exhibit and then at some point we'll have to go to Dickinson to go shopping (there is no grocery store in Medora) and I have to drop Mom off at the bus stop.

No comments: